- Silas: Maybe we should've called first?
- Nancy: They grow weed. We have money. It'll be fine.
- Nancy: Can I have the cash?
- Silas: Well, there is no cash. Yet.
- Nancy: From selling the drugs?
- Silas: There's no cash from selling the drugs.
- Nancy: There's always cash from selling the drugs. That's why we sell drugs.
- María LaGuerta: I know everything.
- Dexter (in head): I'm gonna choose not to misinterpret that.
I’ve seen lots of funny men;
Some will rob you with a six gun,
And some with a fountain pen.” —Woody Guthrie, “Pretty Boy Floyd”
“There’s a word for a writer who never quits… published.”
Stick with it. You’ll get your photo shoot, your publication, whatever it is you’re working for in due time.
But for now, you most love the work for its own sake.
I already know the finished product will be far from perfect, no matter how much time I spend. But I want it to be better than good enough. This desire is what has brought me to the cold floor, where I keep the heater as close as possible, trying to finish one more page of edits before going to bed.” —Notes from a cold bathroom floor in South Africa
It took me years to realize that we don’t experience the same fear that our ancestors did — the fear of being chased down by wild animals, or starving to death.
Our fears are far more subtle: the fear of failure. The fear of looking stupid. The fear of being wrong, or regret, or not taking a chance.” —Ramit Sethi on fear.
Front End Web Developers [Wellington]
Resn is looking for humans that live, breathe and rub the best in
front end web dev and the Interwebs all over themselves. You keep
up-to-date with current and emerging relevant trends online and only
surf the best quality porn sites.
The Front End Web Developer works closely (but not touching) with our
design, animation and backend teams to deliver the highest quality
user experience this side of everything. You love standards, plan your
attack in detail and know the tips n tricks so you can weave
consistent and desirable experiences across the scattered landscape
that is the modern desktop and mobile web.
You’ll be responsible for the research, development and production of
laser guided chainsaw edge design. Resn has serious firepower
developing Flash experiences and is now adding to its bag of tricks by
tackling high end lush HTML5 experiences for large creative US
We’ll also teach you how to poor the finest craft beer from our
studio tap, make the best boutique coffee from our cafe machine,
weekly orders of discounted local fresh and smoked fish and weekly
massage all within our kick ass studio overlooking the glorious
harbour and distant mountains from our huge balcony!
Position begins as soon as you can break free of your reality. We’re
flexible like Fonda but hungry like Ronald.
- 3+ years agency experience kicking HTML, CSS and JS ass
- Experience with PHP, XML and database driven content
- Education in computer science and use of development and OOP
patterns is a huge asset
- Experience, clarity and confidence communicating with clients
- Ability to dev animations and transitions is a super bonus – JQUERY / CSS
- Methodical planning of your approach to the complex problems of high
end experience development
- Experience developing HTML for mobile phones and tablets is gold plated plus
- Experience with formal browser testing, frameworks and libraries,
3rd party API integration, and version control systems
- An eye and passion for detail and a hunger to achieve the best results
Send your sexy time work to the email address below.
Please mention what your involvement was on the projects you display.
Awards are great – we love awards because the people who pay us love awards.
Please send any personal works as well as those often contain the gold
and the soul.